Friday, July 17, 2009

Firedance



Pattern: Firedance, my newest design

Yarn: Crystal Palace Yarns Merino 5 Print in colorway 9798

Needles: US size 7 DPNs


Just something I made because I only had one skein of this yarn that I bought at a yarn store in Traverse City, MI last summer during my visit-a-ton-of-LYS episode. This may occur again this year... and by occur I mean I'll visit the stores and can't promise any purchases due to financial restraints.

I wanted a design that had blank space to show off the colorway and yummy feel of the yarn, but I didn't want all stockinette. So I just started knitting, took notes as I went along... and there we are.

I'm sure the construction could have been a lot more planned on, but this was an on-the-whim hat that'll take no time at all to make.



Because we all wear tank tops with wool beanies...




I also finished Yosemite today, buttons, sleeves and all. Don't have the time/energy to take pictures tonight, I've got work all day tomorrow, and will be helping my mother coordinate National Sundae Sunday in the morning then driving to Orlando right after to see my baby... oh, and my boyfriend.

So pictures shall come next week.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute hat and even better cos you designed it!! I think the colour is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...