Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sock addiction and baby hats...

I made a few baby hats for a neighbor when I went home for Christmas.



Basic grey hat that should be stretchy enough to fit newborn to 18 months.

Pattern: Little Boy Blue Ribbed Baby Hat by Tonya Wagner.
Yarn: Red Heart Ltd. Soft Yarn Solids




Same pattern except I added a pom pom.
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Brites

I definitely prefer the Red Heart to the Caron... but the mother wanted bright blue and this is all I had.



Went to the yarn store today to use a bit of my Christmas money. I'm going to have to avoid buying more yarn for a few months. I've become semi-addicted to making socks. I'm not a huge fan of hugely decorated and patterned socks, I made two pair of basic socks for Alex and I and am working on a third pair for Alex that are ribbed on top of the foot to fit better.



Yarn: Froehlich Wolle Maxi Ringel

I made Alex's first socks out of a different colorway of the same yarn. Unfortunately... the factory that makes this yarn has shut down, so what's left in the stores is all that will ever exist. I fricken love this stuff.

Bought two more skeins of sock yarn today.


Berrocco Comfort Sock that feels absolutely fantastic compared to every other sock yarn and,


ONline Supersocke 100 Florida-Color

The Berrocco is definitely for my feet (I'm a selfish-knitter... Alex is the only person who gets anything more complicated than a hat). I've decided that I'm actually going to find a decent pattern for these socks, no more plain ones. I just wish more free sock patterns were toe-up. I can't stand cuff-down socks, though I may venture out on that plane just for this.

The ONline... dunno yet if it's for Alex or me. Probably will end up for him, as I only wear hand-knitted socks in the house and he'll wear them with shoes. One can only have so many pair of slipper socks.


At my last trip to the same LYS, I purchased two skeins of Fantasy Dark Horse Yarns.



They only had two skeins then, and I looked today and they only have solid colors now. I love this colorway... but what am I going to make with only 2 skeins? I don't really wear hats, I make but never wear scarves, and it's too girly of a color mix to make a hat for Alex.

Ideas?

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...