Thursday, July 1, 2010

Look, Ma, I'm knitting!


Last night I decided I needed to knit something. So I started on this Vernal Equinox Shawl and am using some of my recycled, hand-dyed yarn. I'm near the end of Clue 2.

I'm using two different colorways and alternating at the pattern's suggested color change rows. Not sure if I'll like it, but oh well... the point is to get knitting and do something. I haven't knit in a long time and just need to again. I haven't sewn anything since the brown polka-dotted skirt (though I have ideas and fabric) because of the sheer lack of space in our apartment for cutting out.

Our lease here is up in a little less than 3 months, and we're probably moving. A combination of just not enough space and shitty management. Hopefully I'll have some space for a desk for my knitting... and maybe even save up for a proper sewing machine cabinet. If that happens, more sewing and knitting and crafts may commence.

Alex just started a full-time job this week, and I started a part-time weekend job this past weekend. Extremely relieving, considering two weeks ago we were realizing how close we were to being evicted if we couldn't find some money somewhere. Just goes to show how shitty this economy is when two able-bodied people who are pretty much willing to do whatever work available can't get jobs.


And this is Sakura's newest obsession... sleeping half under the bathroom cabinet and half in the hallway.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsay I've just caught up with your blog - I've away from blogland since the beg of the year :(

    I love Sakura!! So funny that my dog is a collie crossed with either whippet or greyhound and my cat is a tabby with the same markings as yours!

    I loved the story of Sakura being rescued when you had you olive oil fire!!!! They must love each other!!

    My cat also has a thing for sitting on the toilet...spooky!!

    Sorry to read that you were both struggling with money still. Hope that the new jobs solve this problem for you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...